The operation of the FENIX Iron Control System can deliver the following benefits:
- Improved Copper production through reduced iron levels increasing the Electrowinning plant current efficiency
- Reduced losses of reagents, cobalt and high purity acid, water and anti misting surfactants
- Reduced burden on Solvent Extraction through reducing the amount of copper reprocessed due to a significant reduction in EW circuit bleed volumes
- Reduced lime neutralisation costs – particularly relevant for an acid generating operation which has to neutralise any solution bleed from it’s circuit
- Minimal site operator interface, unit operates as a PLC controlled stand alone unit with modem link enabling remote monitoring.